Shredded Turkey Sweet Potato Shepards Pie
- 2 Large Sweet Potatoes (or 3 small to medium Sweet Potatoes)
- 1tsp. Nutmeg, plus some extra for garnish
- 1 Tbsp. Butter, melted
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese (your choice, but we used Colby Jack)
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 16oz. Frozen Vegetable Mixture (we used Peas, Carrots, Green Beans, Corn)
- 1 Lb. Ralph's Smoked Turkey, shredded and boneless
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese (again, your choice), divided into 1/4 cup portions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, then bake sweet potatoes for 45 minutes on a foil-lined baking sheet, or until tender. Allow to cool for a few minutes then peel.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl and add the nutmeg, butter, and 1/4 cup cheese. Whip until creamy and smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the shredded smoked turkey, frozen mixed vegetables, and 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring once or twice, for about 6-7 minutes, adding more water if necessary. Uncover and stir in the Worcestershire sauce. Cook for 2 minutes, then remove from heat. Add 1 1/2 cups of grated cheese.
- Place mixture in a 9x13 baking pan (prepared with cooking spray). Spread potatoes over the mixture, sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese, and bake another 5-7 minutes.
*adapted from the recipe found at: http://reluctantentertainer.com/shepherds-pie-with-cheese-recipe/