Savory Beef Stew
- 2lbs Boneless Chuck Roast or prepared Stew Meat, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium Yellow or White onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 bag prepared baby carrots, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 can Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 can Whole Green Beans
- 1 can Sliced Mushrooms or a package of fresh Mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 small can Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 8oz Beef Broth
- Brown the stew meat in a large stock pot or Dutch oven, and season with Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder.
- Once the meat is browned, add the onions, potatoes, carrots, tomato sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, Beef Broth, and enough water to cover the mixture. Cover with a lid, bring to a slow boil and cook for approximately 30 minutes. Stir the mixture periodically and add water as needed so it doesn't burn.
- Add the corn, green beans and mushrooms, and bring the mixture back to a slow boil for approximately 30 more minutes, or until the meat is tender. You can add more water and/or tomato sauce or beef broth if you want more liquid.
- Top with shredded cheese for a creamier and richer stew.
**Another option we use in our family is substituting Beef Stew Meat or Chuck Roast with Boneless Pork Shoulder. It gives the stew a slightly different flavor.**
Don't forget: We have frozen loaves of French Baguettes, Garlic Bread or Garlic Knots in our Retail Store for a fantastic side with your stew!